Justice of the Peace 4-1
Grand Prairie Courthouse – 106 West Church Street, Suite 205, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
(214) 751-4040 Main • (214) 751-4050 Fax
Office E-mail: JP41Court@dallascounty.org
Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Se Habla Español
Judge Norris “Stretch” Rideaux was born February 19, 1954 in Beaumont, Texas. His father, Walter Rideaux, Sr., was born in Lemoyne, Louisiana and his mother, Vena, was born in Opelousas, Louisiana. He has three brothers: Walter, Jr., Larry, and Donald. His father was a laborer and his mother was a housekeeper. Even though Stretch’s parents did not have a formal education, they instilled in him the value of getting a “good education”. They taught him that an education is something that cannot be taken away from you.
Stretch was united in marriage to Geneva Mobley Rideaux of Jasper, Texas on May 22, 1976. They have resided in Dallas County, Texas since October, 1977.
Stretch and Geneva both graduated from Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas. They moved to Huntsville, Texas in 1976 while Stretch worked as a correctional officer for the Texas Prison System and pursued his Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University. After Stretch obtained his Master’s degree, they moved to Dallas County.
In 1977, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Pardons and Paroles Division employed Stretch. He advanced to the position of Regional Supervisor, and four years later was hired as an Administrator for Dallas County Government. Stretch Rideaux served for twelve years on the Grand Prairie School Board where he was elected to four three year terms: in 1995, 1998, 2001 and 2004. His colleagues also elected Stretch three times as President of the Grand Prairie School Board.
On November 2, 2010, Norris “Stretch” Rideaux was duly elected to the office of Justice of the Peace, Precinct 4, Place 1, Dallas County, Texas.
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas, Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
- Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, Masters of Art Degree in Criminal Justice
Related Work Experience
Over 30 years of experience in Criminal Justice and Corrections
- Texas Department of Corrections
- Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- Dallas County Juvenile Department
- Criminal Justice Instructor
- Probation Officers Academy Instructor
Organizations Present and Past
- Children First Counseling Center
- Brighter Tomorrows: Shelter for Battered Women and Children
- YMCA Board
- YMCA After School Steering Committee
- Board Member of Sister Cities, Inc.
- DWI Task Force
- Dallas County Alliance on Under Aged Drinking
- MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
- Vice President and Member of Westchester Homeowners Association
- Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Crime Victims Council of Dallas County
- Trailwood Neighborhood Association
- Teen Summit
- Tree of Angels, Dallas County
- USAF Civil Air Patrol
- Justices of the Peace & Constables Association of Texas, Inc.
- Elected for four terms to Grand Prairie School Board (three year terms)
- Elected by colleagues three times as President of the School Board (one year each)
- Elected Chairman of the Crime Victims Council of Dallas County
- Elected Justice of the Peace Precinct 4, Place 1, Dallas County, Texas
Recognitions and Awards
- Special congressional Recognition for School Board Trustee
- Liberty Bell Award: Grand Prairie Bar Association
- Humanitarian Award: Chi Eta Phi Sorority
- Honorary Life Membership: Texas Congress of Parents and Teachers
- Outstanding Service and Dedication Award by Texas Classroom Teachers
- Outstanding Community Service Award: KRLD News Radio 1080
- Bilingual/ESL Award: Hispanic Coalition
- NAACP Thurgood Marshall Education Leadership Award
- Best Volunteer of the Year Award: Creative Vision Social Services
- Dedication and Service Award as Director: Grand Prairie Chamber of Commerce
- Special Recognition: GPISD ROTC
- Concord Missionary Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas since 1977
- Ordained Deacon since 1991