Appropriate Courtroom Attire
It is expected that you dress for court appropriately as if you were going to school or a religious service.
Males can wear slacks, a tucked in shirt, belt and street shoes. Females can wear a dress, skirt or slacks with a blouse and street shoes.
- Please do not wear tank tops, cut off jeans or shorts.
- Please wear pants that fit and are worn at the waist (“sagging” is NOT permitted).
- Please do not wear T-shirts or other clothing that bears a violent or offensive message or references to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
- Please do not wear clothing that is ripped or has holes in it. (No exceptions for trends.)
- Please wear skirts that are at or below knee length. (No shorter than 2 inches above knee.)
- Please cover your shoulders. Please do not wear halter tops, tube tops or spaghetti straps.
- Please do not wear tight-fitting, spandex or see-through clothing.
- Please do not wear pajama top or bottoms.
Please do not wear hats or sunglasses into the Courtrooms.
Appropriate Courtroom Behavior
It is expected that you respect the Court at all times.
- Please turn off cell phones.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the Courtrooms.
- Please do not chew gum while in the Courtrooms.
- While in the Courtrooms keep your voices quiet for they carry easily in the Courtrooms.
- Please do not bring newspapers into the courtroom.