MONDAY: 18 year olds and up.
Visitation Hours: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (Sign-in 5:45 – 7:30)
Who can visit: ONLY Parents, legal guardians and child/children – NO Exceptions
All infants/toddlers must be accompanied by the detention resident’s parent or legal guardian – NO Exceptions.
Please remember to obtain a special visitation permit from the child’s Probation Officer. If you or another family member have not been added to your child’s visitation list, you will not be allowed to visit with your child. Children and/or siblings are not allowed to visit unless it’s for a family visit before the child leaves for an out of county placement. This information has to be provided and approved by your child’s probation officer prior to the visit. Your child is only allowed one visit per day. Your child can visit with more than one approved family member during the same visit. Visits are 30 minutes.
WEDNESDAY & SATURDAY:
Residents whose last name begins with A-M.
Wednesday Visitation Hours: 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM (Sign-in 5:30-8:00)
Saturday Visitation Hours: 1:15 PM – 3:45 PM (Sign-in 1:00-2:45) and 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM (Sign-in 5:15-8:00)
THURSDAY & SUNDAY: Residents whose last names begin with N-Z
Thursday Visitation Hours: 6:00 PM – 8:15 PM (Sign-in 5:15-8:00)
Sunday Visitation Hours: 1:15 PM – 3:45 PM (Sign-in 1:00-2:45) and 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM (Sign-in 5:15-8:00)
HOLIDAYS: Visitation Hours apply to all residents.
Major Holidays: 1:15 PM – 3:45 PM (Sign-in 1:00-2:45) and 5:45 PM – 8:30 PM (Sign-in 5:15-8:00)
SATURDAY – (Visits with resident’s children)
Saturday Visitation Hours: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM (Sign-in 7:45-8:30): Residents who have children may visit with their child/children. All infants/toddlers must be accompanied by the detention resident’s legal guardian or spouse of record (marriage license must be on file).
Clergy Visitation Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 10:30 AM and 12:00 – 5:00 PM
All Clergy & Chaplains must be approved and documented on the visitation list by the resident’s Probation Officer prior to the visit. Also, Clergy & Chaplains must present an official “Clergy Identification Card” at the time of each visit; business cards will not be accepted. Visits are 1-hour.
Please Note: Visitors will not be processed during the last 30 minutes of the visiting session.
- Do not bring ANY FOOD ITEMS (including gum) into the Detention Center. Seizure of any food items will result in suspension of visitation for a minimum of 5 days.
- Cigarettes or any illegal substances are not allowed and will be confiscated with suspension of visitation for a minimum of 2 weeks. Termination of parental visits and legal action may occur for passing of illegal substances.
- We will not accept any magazines, books (except school textbooks), paper, stamps, or envelopes. All of these items are provided for residents.
- Inappropriate behavior from the visitor will result in termination of visit. Visitors who have problems with a staff member, should request to see a supervisor.
- Only authorized visitors will be allowed in the visitation area. Any children or other visitors must wait in the waiting area.
- A resident’s property may only be obtained from the property clerk between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday) excluding holidays. If the child is returning from placement, make arrangements with the property clerk at 214-698-4328, for you to be here when your child arrives and receive their property.