Marzelle C. Hill Transition Center
Located at the Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center complex, the Marzelle C. Hill Transition Center provides temporary or transitional residential care and supervision for 48 youth, ages 10-17, who are deemed appropriate for the Hill Center setting by the Court. Residents at the Hill Center are either awaiting court disposition or available space in a long-term placement facility. Educational, medical, psychological and recreational services are provided by the Juvenile Department’s professional staff. Spiritual, social and tutoring services are provided by dedicated community volunteers. The facility is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS).
Visiting Hours for Authorized Visitors
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays 11:15 am to 1:15 pm
RULES FOR VISITATION
(All visitation of Hill Center youth takes place in the Detention Center and thus the following rules apply.)
- Do not bring ANY FOOD ITEMS (including gum) into the Detention Center. Seizure of any food items will result in suspension of visitation for a minimum of 5 days.
- Cigarettes or any illegal substances are not allowed and will be confiscated with suspension of visitation for a minimum of 2 weeks. Termination of parental visits and legal action may occur for passing of illegal substances.
- We will not accept any magazines, books (except school textbooks), paper, stamps, or envelopes. All of these items are provided for residents.
- Inappropriate behavior from the visitor will result in termination of visit. Visitors who have problems with a staff member, should request to see a supervisor.
- Only authorized visitors will be allowed in the visitation area. Any children or other visitors must wait in the waiting area.
- A resident’s property may only be obtained from the property clerk between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday) excluding holidays. If the child is returning from placement, make arrangements with the property clerk at 214-698-4328, for you to be here when your child arrives and receive their property.