The Clinical Services Division provides comprehensive psychological services and substance abuse treatment to youth and their families who are referred to the Juvenile Justice System. It also provides support services to other department staff. These services include psychological evaluations; individual, group and family psychotherapy; chemical assessments and drug treatment; psycho-educational training; crisis intervention; consultation to the courts, probation officers, and institutional staff; and staff training. The clinical staff is comprised of Ph.D. and Masters level full and part-time positions. This Unit also serves as an internship/practicum site for many universities in the North Texas area.
Assessment and Evaluation Services provide relevant and meaningful information about the youth’s psychological, emotional, and psycho-social functioning to assist the Courts, Probation Officers, and other professionals in making dispositional plans and decisions. Types of assessments include:
- Psychological Screening and Assessments
- Family Assessments
- Comprehensive Psychological Evaluations
- Certification and Competency Evaluations
- Diagnostic Interviews with Sex Offenders
- Psychiatric Evaluations.
The Clinical Services Division also provides a variety of psychological and therapeutic services to the youth and their families through residential and outpatient treatment centers in English and Spanish which consist of:
- Comprehensive Family Diagnostic Interviews
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Family Therapies
- Family Skills Training
- Anger Management Training
- Early Childhood Intervention
- Adolescent Support and Skill Building
- Crisis Intervention
- Drug Intervention Supportive Outpatient Therapy
- Day Treatment Residential Drug Treatment
- Sex Offender Treatment.
Psychological services are offered at all of the Dallas County Juvenile facilities.