Dallas County Treasurer's Office
Introduction509 Main St. 303 Records Building. Dallas, Texas 75202
(214) 653-7321. (214) 653-7705 Fax. 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. Monday - Friday
Se Habla Español
The Texas Constitution, Article XVI, Section 44, Local Government Code of the State of Texas Chapter 83. and Chapters 111. - 117. and Chapter. 155. provide for a County Treasurer and prescribe the duties as Chief Custodian of County Finance. Basic duties include, but are not limited to, receiving, investing, keeping and accounting, paying, applying, and disbursing all monies belonging to the County from whatever source derived, according to Law.
Banker for Dallas County Government working with Departments and public for receiving and disbursing funds, including general payments of County expenses, payments for Jury Duty, payments to Election Workers, County Payroll, and Special Fund payments of Elected Officials and Departments.
- Chief Investment Officer for Dallas County funds working with external brokers and banking community for highest and safest investment returns on Dallas County funds; investing through a state-of-the-art Bloomberg Financial System; insuring proper collateral for all Dallas County investments and funds; and proposes and oversees the Dallas County Investment Policy, in compliance with the Public Funds Investment Act of Texas.
- Payroll Coordinator for all deductions, reports,
employee counseling and related functions for Federal
Social Security and Withholding Taxes; Texas County
and District Retirement System; Employee Deferred
Compensation Plan; Investment Programs; Employee
Payroll Direct Deposit Program and W-2 and W-4 Forms.
- Contract Administrator for Dallas County Bank Depository, including negotiating of Contract and management of all facets of banking services for Dallas County.
- Financial Manager and Coordinator of all Dallas County Bonded Indebtedness, including issuance, payment of debt, serving as Paying Agent/Registrar; and Administrator of Arbitrage Rebate; while working with Dallas County Financial Advisor and Bond Counsel to help insure ongoing triple A ratings for Dallas County.
- Agent for required monthly, quarterly, or annual Federal and/or State of Texas reports and payments for Dallas County.
- Reconciliation Agent for Dallas County accounting, working with Depository Bank, County Departments and external Auditors.
- Statutory Supervisor of Unclaimed Property for Dallas County.
- Custodian of Sheriff's bail bond collateral.
- The County Treasurer serves as Chairman of the
Dallas County Financial Review Committee, overseeing
all financial matters; as well as a member of the
Dallas County Bail Bond Board; and Dallas County
Employees Benefits Committee.