1. What is scofflaw, and why can't I register my vehicle?
Section 502.185 of the Texas Transportation Code allows a freeze on the auto registration of those who owe a city and/or county money for a fine, fee or tax that is past due. The vehicle registration block can only be removed by paying your fines and fees. More information is available at Scofflaw.
2. How can I register my vehicle when I have a scofflaw?
You must pay all outstanding fines and fees, then visit one of our tax office locations.
3. How do I dispute a listed citation?
4. I'm making payments, why am I still in the list?
When your case balance is zero or the case has been disposed, it will be removed.
5. After I have made my payment in full, how long does it take before the record is removed from the Dallas County Wanted website?
It takes at least 7 business days for the record to be removed from the website.
6. Who do I contact if I have a tip on a criminal?
Call the Dallas County Sheriff's Office at 214-653-3530 or visit Crime Stoppers at www.ntcc.crimestoppersweb.com