News & Announcements
Property Tax Disaster Payment Plans Available
The Dallas County Tax Office is working with homeowners affected by the recent tornadoes. Disaster Installment Payment Plans are available to property owners that meet all requirements of Texas Property Tax Code, Section 31.032. Among these requirements are these:
- The property must be a residential homestead or used for residential purposes and have less than five living units,
- The property must lie within the area declared a disaster area,
- The property must have been damaged as s direct result of the disaster, and
- The taxes for which the property owner seeks an installment agreement must not be delinquent.
- The first payment must be made by the delinquency date, which is January 31, 2016, extended to February 1, 2016 this year.