Assistant Chief Deputy Raymond Williams oversees the Enforcement Operations and Resource Development Bureau which includes the Freeway Management Division, the Sheriff’s Department Training Academy, and the Personnel Section. He began his career in law enforcement on August 01, 1988, as a Detention Service Officer with the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department.
He was sworn in as a Deputy Sheriff on June 21, 1991, and worked in various assignments including Technical Services and Warrant Executions.
Chief Williams was promoted to the rank of Senior Sergeant on October 16, 1999, and served as a first-line supervisor in Central Intake, Criminal Investigations, and the Patrol Division.
On January 05, 2008, Chief Williams was promoted the rank of Lieutenant and worked as a commander in Freeway Management, Technical Services, and Criminal Investigations.
In August of 2020, Chief Williams was promoted to the rank of Captain and served as the Division Commander of the Special Investigations Division.
On February 25, 2021, Chief Williams was honored to be appointed to the position of Assistant Chief Deputy and tasked with managing the Enforcement Operations Bureau within the Office of General Services.
During Chief Williams’ 30 plus years of service in the Law Enforcement Community, the following are a few of his accomplishments:
- Bachelor of Science Degree – Lamar University, Beaumont Texas
- 46th Management College Graduate from The Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
- Master Peace Officer Certification- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Master Jailer License- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Certified Instructor- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Firearms Instructor- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement