Executive Chief Deputy Patrick Bonner –
Patrick Bonner is a lifelong resident of Dallas, Texas graduating from Skyline High School.
Patrick Bonner began his law enforcement career 29 years ago with the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office. Starting as a detention service officer, he graduated from the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office Academy as a deputy sheriff BPOC 98.
His law enforcement career expands throughout many bureaus of the DCSO to include Detentions, Warrant Execution, Freeway Management, Patrol, and the Internal Affairs Division.
Patrick Bonner earned his way through the ranks of the Sheriff’s Office. He was an immediate supervisor and a mid-manager in Patrol, Freeway Management, and Detentions.
In April 2014, Patrick Bonner was appointed to Assistant Chief Deputy where his command was the Resource Development Bureau.
In January 2018, Chief Bonner was promoted to Chief Deputy where he oversaw the Office of General Services.
In February of 2021, Chief Bonner was appointed as the Executive Chief Deputy of the DSCO.
Chief Bonner holds a deep passion of service to the citizens of Dallas County. He is committed to building sound relationships between law enforcement and the community; along with improving safety and quality of life for those he was sworn to serve.
Chief Patrick Bonner is a proud member of The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Master of Arts in Professional Development, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts and Science – Criminal Justice, Dallas Baptist University
- Graduate of FBI National Academy #260
- Graduate of Institute for Law Enforcement Administration – 49th School of Executive Leadership
- Basic Instructor Certification – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Master Peace Officer Certification – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement