Assistant Chief Deputy Eddy Herrerar – Eddy Herrera began his law enforcement career in 1990 as a detention officer with the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department.
He was sworn in as a deputy sheriff in March of 1995. He was assigned to Detentions, Warrant Execution, Personnel, Court Services, Patrol, and Internal Affairs.
Eddy Herrera was promoted to the rank of senior sergeant in 2009. While in that rank, he served as a first-line supervisor in the Technical Services Bureau/ Release Section, Warrant Execution, and Court Services.
In 2013, he was promoted to Lieutenant and was assigned the Technical Services Bureau/Release Section, Fugitive Section, and Intelligence Section.
In 2019, he was promoted to Captain and was assigned to the Technical Services Bureau/Intake Section.
In 2021, Captain Herrera was honored to be chosen as an Assistant Chief Deputy, where he is currently assigned to the Office of General Services of Investigative Services Bureau.
- Bachelor of Science- University of North Texas at Dallas
- Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Management- University of Virginia
- Graduate of the School of Police Supervision- Institute of Law Enforcement Administration
- Graduate of the Caruth Police Institute Executive Leadership Series for police lieutenants
- Graduate of the Caruth Police Institute Executive Leadership Series for police majors
- Graduate of the FBI National Academy #278 Session
- Master Peace Officer’s License