All pedestrian stops will be reported to the Communications Section via radio, telephone, or MDC as they transpire.
- In the event that a Deputy is unable to report incidents as they transpire, the Deputy will report such incidents as soon as possible. Communications Section personnel will document in the CAD entry that the incident was entered post-incident.
- The Communications Section will ensure that a CAD entry is made for each pedestrian stop reported.
- The following information is to be reported via radio, telephone, or MDC to the Communications Section by all Deputies performing a pedestrian stop:
- Physical description of each person detained as a result of the stop, including: gender, race / ethnicity.
- Street address or approximate location of stop.
- Initial reason for the stop
- Was a search conducted as a result of the stop
- Did detainee consent to search.
- Notation of any contraband discovered during the search and the type of contraband discovered.
- Probable cause to search and facts supporting the existence of that probable cause.
- Was an arrest made as a result of the stop or the search, including a statement of the offense and charge.
- Was a written warning or a citation issued.
|Racial Profiling Policy|
|PURPOSE and POLICY|
|II.||RESTRICTIONS FOR DEPUTY INITIATED LAW ENFORCEMENT CONTACT|
|III.||DOCUMENTATION OF MOTOR VEHICLE STOPS|
|IV.||INFORMATION TO BE COLLECTED|
|V.||DOCUMENTATION OF PEDESTRIAN STOPS|