Property releases are processed on all incoming inmates, whether they have been processed through the vault or not. If the inmate has no housing location, the clerk will obtain the inmate’s signature. If the inmate has a housing location, the property release form will be taken to the housing location at the proper jail facility by the property release requester to obtain the inmate’s signature. Once signed, it will be returned to the control center in the front lobby of the Lew Sterrett Justice Center. Once the inmate has been processed through the vault, the property release must be for ALL PROPERTY. Individual items may not be released. Clothing and other property cannot be released on the same form. Please note: Separate forms are to be used if the visitor wishes to pick up both.
The requester must have one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid picture state driver’s license, paper license renewal must be accompanied by another picture identification.
- Texas Department of Public Safety Picture Identification Card.
- Identification card issued by the Dallas County Jail.
- Official government passport.
- Alien registration card or any other valid picture identification card from the United States Government.
When the signed property release is returned to the control center in the front lobby of Lew Sterrett, the property will be retrieved and given to the requester. The requester will sign the property release form indicating that they did receive the property.