DALLAS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IN-PERSON JAIL VISITATION
Things To Know Prior To Jail Visit
1. No children allowed until further notice.
2. Visitors will consist of one (1) adult visitor; no children until further notice (no one will be allowed to wait in the lobby area).
3. Eligible inmates will be allowed one (1) in-person visit per calendar week. Video visits will not count against the number of in-person visits.
4. Current Video Visitation procedures will remain in place.
5. Inmates on medical isolation, quarantine, no hold no movement, or restriction are prohibited from in-person visitation.
6. Each visit will be fifteen (15) minutes in length. Each visitation booth will be sanitized between visitors. The entire visitation area and phones will be sanitized routinely.
7. Visitors must wear masks; visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the facility.
8. Inmate and visitors must wear mask for the duration of the visits or the visit will be terminated. Visitors will practice social distancing (physical distancing of at least 6 feet) at all times.
9. All visitors will be screened upon entrance into the main lobby area of the West and North Towers (passing thru a temperature machine or hand held device if necessary); No visitor with a temperature of 100 or above or that is displaying cold/flu like symptoms will be allowed to visit.
10. All visitors will be screened upon entrance into the lobby of the South Tower Facility (passing thru a temperature machine or hand held device if necessary); No visitor with a temperature of 100 or above or that is displaying cold/flu like symptoms will be allowed to visit.
11. Visitors will social distance on inmate housing floors and in elevators (only two (2) persons allowed in an elevator at a time). Social distancing will be maintained during visitation registration.
12. Registration will not be allowed until 15 minutes prior to visitation start and will end 30 minutes prior to close of visitation.
Remember: Each visitor will be checked for outstanding arrest warrants. No one may visit who has been booked in and housed in the Dallas County Jail within the last six (6) months before a visit, except for those with proof of marriage visiting a spouse.
All persons requesting visitation privileges must be in possession of a VALID State Driver License, State ID, or one of the following identifications:
· Valid state driver’s license, paper license renewal must be accompanied by other photo identification
· Texas Department of Public Safety photo identification card
· Jail Identification Card
· Official Government Issued Passport
· Military Identification Card
· Alien Registration Card or other valid photo identification card for the United States Government.
Cameras, purses, umbrellas, packages, mace, handbags, paper sacks, cell phones, pagers, cigarettes, cigarette lighters, matches, or any glass or metal containers. Prohibited items also include glass baby bottles, blankets, strollers, or toys for babies. Pocket knives and sharp objects, weapons of any kind, or other items which can be used either in its present form or by alteration, as a weapon in the jail are prohibited.