Flexible Spending Accounts

Records Building - 500 Elm Street, Suite 4100, Dallas, TX 75202
Phone: (214) 653-7638 • Fax: (214) 653-7608

FSA Mid-Year Reminder

Are you eligible for a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) reimbursement? If you incurred an eligible expense in 2022, you have until July 10, 2023, to submit a claim. After that, 2022 funds in excess of $570 will be lost — so be sure to use them while you can.

Click here for more information.



The out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses that you pay each year can quickly add up to hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars. Ordinarily, these expenses are paid with after-tax money. Dallas County offers Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) that allows you to use pretax salary dollars to pay for these expenses often at significant savings for your family.

Dallas County is joined with a cooperative insurance group along with other city and county agencies. That insurance company is PEBC (Public Employee Benefits Cooperative). The information below outlines the two types of Flexible Spending (FLEX) Accounts provided to employees. These benefits are available to full time employees only.

Two Types of Flexible Spending (FLEX) Accounts

The Section 125 Flexible Spending Account plan is administered by United Health Care (UHC). The plan helps you save money for health care and dependent care expenses. This benefit allows you to deduct money from your paychecks for:

  1. Health care reimbursement for qualified out-of-pocket health care expenses that are not covered by insurance (i.e. prescription and office visit co-pays, lab fees, glasses, contacts, dental services, over-the-counter products, etc.);
  2. Dependent care reimbursement for costs paid to day care and elder care providers. When you elect this benefit, you will enjoy a tax savings because the money for these items is deducted before taxes.

For additional information, please visit the Public Employees Benefits Cooperative (PEBC) website at www.pebcinfo.com

“2022 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Update

Your flexible spending account (FSA) balance is yours to spend through Dec. 31, 2022. After that, funds in excess of $570 will be lost — so be sure to use them while you can.

Plan your FSA spending

Your FSA funds may be used for qualified medical costs like copays and deductibles, prescriptions and some over-the-counter medicines, dependent care and more.

Go to myuhc.com to check your remaining FSA balance and use it before the end of the year.

Note: If you incur an eligible expense by Dec. 31, 2022, you’ll have until April 30, 2023, to submit a claim. “

If you have any questions regarding this request, please feel free to send me an email or contact me at the number listed below.

Click here for more information

If you have specific questions about your benefits, please contact the Human Resources Department at (214) 653-6579 or (214) 653-6161.